10 best home remedies to prevent hair loss :
Hair loss is the most common problem in today’s era, according to American hair loss association, 40 percent of Americans suffer from hair loss. Today we will discuss “10 best home remedies to prevent hair loss”. So, to help you guys to regain hair naturally.
There are thousands of treatment out there to treat hair loss but as we all know there are tones of side-effects. So, we are sharing ’10 best home remedies to prevent hair loss’ that have zero side-effect.
But before moving on to the remedies we must know about what actually hair loss is and how it happens to us.
What is hair loss?
Hair loss is also known as alopecia or baldness, refers to loss of hair from any part of the body, especially from the head.
The severity of hair loss can vary from small part of the body to entire body.
Types of hair loss.
There are many types of hair loss. Which are discussed as follows:
- Alopecia areata: It often starts suddenly and causes patchy hair loss in children and young adults. This condition may result in complete baldness. But in 90% of people with this condition hair returns within few days.
- Telogen effluvium: It is temporary hair thinning over the scalp that occurs because of changes in the growth cycle of hair.
- Alopecia Universalis: It is the condition in which all body hair fall out, including eyebrows, eyelashes and pubic hair.
- Involutional alopecia: It is a natural condition in which the hair gradually thins with age. More hair follicles go into the resting phase, and the remaining hairs become shorter and fewer in number.
- Androgenic alopecia: It is a genetic condition that can affect both men and women. Men suffering from this condition, called ‘Male Pattern Baldness’, can begin suffering hair loss as early as their teens or early.
Causes of hair loss.
- Genetic: The number one factor for hair loss is the genetic factor. The risk of hair loss is twice in first-degree relatives.
- Infections: There are certain infections that can lead to hair loss such as:
- Drugs: Some medication cause temporary or permanent hair loss. Such as the medications used in Blood pressure problems, diabetes, heart disease and cholesterol.
- Ageing: With the increase in the age the hair growth tends to slow down.
- Stress: Taking too much stress can result in hair loss.
As we discussed what hair loss is? What are the types of hair loss? What are the causes of hair loss?
Before moving to the 10 best natural remedies to prevent hair loss, we have to know the mechanism of hair loss.
Mechanism of hair loss:
Hair follicle growth occurs in each cycle. Each cycle consists of a long growing phase(anagen), a short transitional phase(catagen) and a short resting phase(telogen). At the end of the resting phase, the hair falls out(exogen) and a new hair starts growing in the follicle beginning the cycle again.
Normally, about 40 (0–78 in men) hairs reach the end of their resting phase each day and fall out. When more than 100 hairs fall out per day, clinical hair loss (telogen effluvium) may occur. A disruption of the growing phase causes abnormal loss of anagen hairs.
Now, we are going to discuss the 10 best home remedies to prevent hair loss.
Hair loss is the most common problem out there, but the good news is that with lifestyle changes, dietary improvements and the use of other natural hair loss remedies you can improve hair growth fast.
- Diet and exercise: You need to feed your hair with right nutrients, you have to take plenty protein and iron. Along with good diet exercise also play a vital role in hair growth. Yoga and meditation increase the hair growth.
- Oiling: Oiling improves blood circulation and nourishes the root of the hair. Make sure to massage once a week with completely natural oil.
- Egg mask: Egg is a rich source of sulphur, iodine, phosphorus, zinc, selenium and protein, which help promote hair growth.
1. Take egg white in one bowl and add a teaspoon each of olive oil and honey.
2. Beat to make a fine paste and apply it over from root to tips.
3. Let the paste dry for about 20 minutes and then wash it over with shampoo.
- Coconut Milk: The protein and essential fats in the coconut milk promote hair growth and prevent hair loss.
1. Grate a medium-sized coconut and simmer it in a pan for five minutes.
2. Strain and cool.
3. Then add one tablespoon each of crushed black pepper and fenugreek seeds to the milk.
4. Apply on your scalp and hair.
5. After 20 minutes, rinse with a shampoo.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe vera restores scalp health by conditioning it while balancing sebum production and pH levels. It promotes hair re-growth.
1. Slice the Aloe Vera stem and scoop out 2 tablespoons of gel.
2. Apply the extracted gel to your scalp and gently massage it for a couple of minutes.
3. Leave the gel in your hair for 2 hours and then wash it off using a mild shampoo.
- Neem: Neem has excellent antibacterial properties that help to get rid of dandruff. It also promotes hair growth.
1. Boil the neem leaves in water till the water level decreases to half of its quantity.
2. Wait for sometime till it cools down.
3. Rinse your hair with this mixture.
- Beetroot juice: Beetroot contains potassium, protein, and vitamins B and C, all of which are essential for healthy hair.
1. Boil 8-9 beetroot leaves and grind along with henna leaves.
2. Apply this paste on your scalp and leave for 15-20 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
- Onion juice: The antibacterial properties of onions helps fight against scalp infections, while the sulfur content improves circulation blood to the hair follicles. It promotes hair growth and controls loss of hair.
1. To extract onion juice, grind the onion and then squeeze out the juice.
2. Dip the cotton ball in the onion juice and apply it to your scalp.
3. Leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes and then wash it off using normal water and a mild shampoo.
4. Follow this procedure once a week and see the difference.
- Holy Basil (Tulsi): Holy Basil or Tulsi, as it is commonly known, helps rejuvenate the hair follicles. Massaging Basil oil into the scalp not only moisturizes the hair, but it also helps stimulate blood circulation, which leads to improved hair growth.
1. Dry the basil leaves in the sun and then proceed to grind them to a fine powder.
2. Mix the basil powder with slightly preheated olive oil.
3. Sieve the oil in a muslin cloth and then start applying the oil to your scalp and hair.
4. Massage your scalp for 10 minutes and leave the oil in for an additional 30 minutes.
5. Rinse the oil out with shampoo.
If you make large quantities of this oil, you can store it in a jar or bottle with a tight cap and place it in the refrigerator. The oil can be stored for 11 days.
- Ginger: Ginger oil helps treat and prevent dandruff. It is also known to stimulate hair growth while boosting circulation.
1. Place the grated ginger root inside a muslin cloth and squeeze or extract juice.
2. Mix 1 tsp of this juice with the sesame oil to create a ginger oil blend.
3. Massage this blend into your scalp and wait for 30 minutes before rinsing it out with a mild shampoo.
Use these 10 best home remedies to prevent hair loss and you will see the results. Hope this post helps you. Thanks.